Friday 30 August 2013

Confessions of a Make Up Novice

I've never been fantastic when it comes to make-up. It's only the past few years that I've really started treating myself to good quality make-up. Growing up I never wore it except for the occasional concealer to cover some teenage spots.

Me and one of my best friends at 18 as you can see I was very pale and had not started using a proper foundation or bronzer.
I think I was 19 when I really got into good make-up and even then it was just like basic stuff like foundation and eye shadows. I also found out that contact lenses aren't as scary as I thought. When I was 21 I learnt how to put on fake eyelashes, I thought as I was going to Vegas I might as well learn and have show stoppers for a night out.

As you can see, still not really got into bronzer and look at the lack of brows!! Aged 21

 I think the past year or so I've really got into it. Learnt about contouring and stuff like that. Being a part of this group has really given me a lot more knowledge about make-up. I now know about Bronzer, Illuminating, Highlighting and most importantly, Zee Brows!

Mastered Basic Make-Up This Year at Aged 23
Even though I am still not an expert I am still going to continue to learn and my next make-up conquer I would like to accomplish would be learning proper eye make up. I've already started, I have been sent a 12 piece make-up brush kit (£9.99) and a make-up "Tool Kit" (£5.99) both from W7 Cosmetics. And over the next few weeks I will be self teaching myself to do "proper" eye make-up and try and learn how to put on eyeliner and maybe do simple smoky eyes to show you. So keep an eye out and any pointers please leave me any comments below. 

Thanks for reading and for more of the latest news and reviews from the Beauty Hot Squad please follow us on Blog Lovin' 



4 comments :

  1. I love W7 brushes - especially their Fan Brush! Great for fallout if you're one to apply base before eyes x

    August Favourites|The Bare Minimum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about 20 when I bought my first "expensive" eyeshadow - it was a very nude Clinique one that I just slapped on daily. I hit MAC at 22 and never looked back! My make up collection now consists fully of higher end products - I LOVE putting on a full face of make up!
    Good luck and enjoy learning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone is always learning with make-up, I'm not the best - I just tend to slap it on a you've probably seen from my busy mum make up guide video ha ha ;) Your make up looks great on here - I tend to just use my make up to cover all my cracks! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've treated myself to some real techniques brushes and I'm really impressed with them so far.

    I don't wear make up enough to justify spending a lot so most of mine is mua but I do have a few benefit bits that I treat myself to occasionally

    ReplyDelete