Tuesday 27 August 2013

Beetox Serum

I was asked a little while ago to try this new (and expensive) serum, a serum which promises to assist with cell regeneration, hydrates and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. This serum is BEETOX - Manuka Honey and Bee Venom Serum. I won't lie, it smells pretty nice, but I think if you used too much the smell could be overbearing.



I have a few little scars on my face which I would love to try and vanquish with a miracle treatment but this was not meant to be for me. 

I received the bottle of 30ml Serum (pictured below) and it highly recommends, even though all products are natural and organic, that before use a patch test is to take place. This is one of the most important parts DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE ALLERGIES TO BEE STINGS. I'd never been stung by a bee from my recollection, so went ahead with the patch test. The consistency of the serum itself is thick and rich. It's oil free so it's suitable for those with oily and combination skin. 



After about 20 mins after the patch test my hand was itching like mad and started to swell a little, those who know me may know I'm a tiny bit sensitive to some things and one of those things, I found out the day of the test was - BEE VENOM!! Ahhhhh. 

As this retails for £45, I didn't want to waste it. So as the lovely daughter I am, I told my Mum to try it without telling her about my previous itching and swelling "incident". My Mum loves trying out new things and truth be told this has made her skin look a lot healthier. My Mum tried this over a month and only really just over a third of the bottle has been used so even at £45, if it lasts 3 months it is WELL WORTH IT!

(Unfortunately my Mum didn't pose for any pictures for this post so, apologies for that.)

Just some important information about this product. It uses Bee Venom, which when I first got it I was hesitant to try it as I thought to myself: "Don't Bee's die straight after they sting?" with this product it isn't the case,  Bee's only die because they penetrate a thick enough surface to lose their stinger (ie skin). To extract the venom from the Bee is a delicate process where the Bee's are kept in a good environment where they are encouraged to sting a thin layer of something which collects the venom and leave's the Bee's living a happy beeful life. 

BEETOX also do a Moisturiser and a Face Mask which is available from their online store at: www.beetox.co.uk

No comments :

Post a Comment