Saturday 10 August 2013

High-Flyers - Glossy Box August 2013

This month's Glossy Box has just come through and I've come straight online to share it with you. Having been so impressed by last months box (review here) I was really excited for this one to arrive. This box has a 'high-flyers' theme which contains a hand-picked collection of 'hero' products from around the world, read on to see what was inside my box....




Juicy Couture 'Viva La Juicy' 1.5ml perfume sample - This is the USA product from the collection and the scent is a blend of berry, honeysuckle and sandalwood. I know a lot of people complain about perfume samples being included in beauty boxes but I think it's ok every now and then and this one is quite nice. A full size of 100ml would cost £63

Emite Make Up Professional Eyelash Curlers - This is a Swedish brand which I have never heard of before but I never actually curl my lashes so I'm happy to give this a go and see if it makes a difference. This is a full sized item that would normally cost £20

Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Eyeliner and Shadow - This product is from the UK and is basically a crayon that you can use to line the eyes as well as smudge and blend onto the lid to use as an eye-shadow. I received a mascara from this brand in a previous beauty box and wasn't that impressed, so I wasn't that excited by this product. I also received a dark green shade which isn't really to my taste so I'm not sure if I'll get much use out of it. This is a full sized product that retails at £10.50

TRESemme Platinum Strength 60 second treatment shot - Another USA product, but the only one I know I will actually use. It is an intense conditioning treatment for your hair. It is a 15ml full sized product that retails for £1.49

Oceane Make-Up Remover Pen - A Brazilian product designed for mess-free make-up removal/touch-ups. Simple have a similar product which I have tried, and although it was useful, it was no different to using a cotton bud and it dried out really quickly. I'm interested to see if this will be any better. This is a full size item, but it is not currently available in the UK so there has been no price included.


So it's not the best Glossy Box ever, but there are some interesting products in there. What did you think of this months box? Let me know in the comments below...

Linda x


2 comments :

  1. you got the exact same box as me! including the eyeliner/shadow shade! i've not got my review up yet but when i do it will be on www.hex-beauty.blogspot.co.uk if you fancy reading my thoughts on the exact same products haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will deffo check it out. Thanks for reading! x

      Delete