Wednesday 22 January 2014

Kate's Product of the Week - Primark Owl Tweezers

Here we are at week 4 and what do I bring you this week? Bargainous Tweezers from Primark nevertheless. 

I love a good pair of tweezers and being quite thick-haired, my brows grow exceedingly quick. Up until like 3/4 years ago I never really tweezed my brows. I was paying to get them waxed but the growth was really quick and my poor skin didn't like being put through the waxing so I though I'd start to tweeze them. I bought a cheap pair, which I then lost before I went on holiday. So when I was in Benidorm my brows were looking pretty awful, this wasn't good! We decided to go to the supermarket and low and behold were these gorgeous China Doll Tweezers for only €1, I thought if they only last the holiday they've faired well. 


That was in early 2012, last week (nearly 2 years later), I noticed that they were blunt and weren't aligned anymore so I decided to buy myself some more. I really loved the cuteness of these and didn't want anything different. That weekend in work (PRIMARK) I noticed some new beauty items featuring owls, which were really cute, a sort of Cath Kidston theme going on and then a girl brings me something I fell in love with...A 2 PACK OF CUTE LITTLE OWL TWEEZERS!! Best part is that they were only £1! Yes one whole pound! Well naturally I got the boy to take me to Primark and I bought a pack! 


Some people say you should invest in tweezers because the dearer the better. That's not what I've known to be the case. I've borrowed my sister's ones before and they were Ruby & Millie ones and I didn't get a long with them. These Primark ones I found are much better.


What I really like about these is the sharp slanted ends. These even reach the little stubborn hairs that are just rooting! They are really easy to hold and are enamel so you have a better grip. 



Pro's:
  • Cute 
  • Cheap
  • 2 Pairs: so 1 for home and 1 for handbag
  • Gets even little stubborn hairs
  • They do them in leopard print also
Con's:
  • Only available in Primarks with Beauty Sections
Like I said you can also get these in Leopard Print and if slanted tweezers aren't your thing, Primark also do spotted pointed tweezers. The Owl Beauty Stock ranges from £1 - £2.50 which is a bargainous price range! Other products include: Nail Kit, Nail Files, Compact Mirror and more. 


Hope you've enjoyed my 4th product of the week. If you have any suggestions for products of the week, let me know in the comments below. 


Thanks for reading and for more of the latest news and reviews from the Beauty Hot Squad please follow us on Blog Lovin' 

13 comments :

  1. Yes sometimes even cheap things can be better than expensive items. I love the fact that they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute! I'm sure they sell them in Poundland too! If they're not the same one's they look very similar.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bargain, I have a few pairs of tweezers, as you possibly spotted on my review, I have hair while not thick is in abundance. I would be lost without them, hence several pairs as I tend to put them down all over the place. I get my eyebrows threaded as if I tweezer them, i just make a mess as I have a small scar on my eyebrow and its tricky pulling the right ones to keep it covered. The Owl design is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute and I need some good tweezers. Thanks for the fab review and what a bargain price!

    The Diary Of A Jewellery Lover

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy crap these look awesome what a bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I love angled tweezers, and these are a bargain. I always lose mine, sure the kids get them and hide them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. soo cute i must go buy some next time im in store , forever losing my tweezers x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I need new tweezers? No. Do I want new tweezers with owls on? Damn right I do!!!

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, I LOVE those. I love owls.. I need these in my life lol. x

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so cute! We LOVE owls here- on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are adorable! shame no Primark less than an hour away..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to have these. Fantastic I am obsessed with owls. These are amazing!! I know easily pleased here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow they are the cutest tweezers I have ever seen! Problem is I also want the Chinese doll ones and know I can't... argh!

    ReplyDelete