Monday 19 August 2013

Thick & Fast HD* is the top of the class!

A few weeks ago I got sent some Soap & Glory Thick & Fast HD Mascara (RRP £10.50) and I'm always quite sceptical of mascaras because I begin to love them and then after a few weeks start to find flaws. 




This Lengthening and Volumising mascara (so far) has ticked all the right boxes. I've tested it against rain, wind, heat and (unfortunately) tears. This has stood through all of these tests and has done what it says on the box. It's given me long, thick, dare I say Doll-Like lashes. This is definitely a rival for fake lashes. 

It only comes in one colour which is a jet black called "Film Noir" which is a fun name which fits in completely with the S&G colour family. The first think you notice about this mascara is that the packaging is typical S&G but the actual mascara itself, looks so luxurious and I just love the Gold and Black, it could easily be mistaken for YSL's Babydoll Mascara. The brush is very unique, I've never seen a brush that looks like this before. The S&G website says:

"The BRUSH is the stuff - Soap & Glory's 7-SIDED FAN FLARE-180™ brush with a V-groove to lay down volume & intensity, and a network of combing & curling surfaces to give length, definition and DRAMA." 



It has collagen in the formula so in time it strengthens your natural lashes, which is amazing! I have felt a real noticeable difference. The formula is thick enough that you just need 1-2 coats to achieve the doll like lashes look. This is a 24/7 mascara that lasts. I'd recommend for a night out to put another coat or two on your lashes for show stoppers! 

Sorry about the quality of the pictures here, took them on my phone.

Pro's and Con's 

Pro's - 

  • Packaging is beautiful and simple
  • Easy to use
  • Leaves you with luxurious fanned out long lashes
  • Not clumpy and you don't have to use tonnes
Con's

  • It's not a super savvy bargain mascara, at £10.50 it's reasonable for the quality but sometimes times can be tight. 
  • If you have a bad habit of touching your lashes then this isn't for you as it easily flakes off when touched. 
Soap & Glory Cosmetics are really lovely and great quality. They are usually on offer and are currently on offer for 2 for £15 and sometimes they do 3 for 2. I have spoken about S&G in previous posts which are below. 




Thanks for reading and for more of the latest news and reviews from the Beauty Hot Squad please follow us on Blog Lovin' 


15 comments :

  1. I haven't really tried any S&G make up and the brush of this looks interesting but £10.50 is a lot for me to spend on a mascara that is essential 'drugstore'. Great review :)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality of it though is worth £10.50 just as good as Benefit's They're Real and Dior's Diorshow Mascara. It's long lasting too. The good thing about the S&G prices though is they are always on offer. before they were 2 for £15 they were 3 for 2.
      Thank you for your comment :) x

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any S&G make up either, I think if it was on offer I'd be tempted. Good review!

    Hels X

    http://babybeautifulmummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,

      It's pretty much always on offer which is good. And I think you can mix and match between all S&G products so could get like a body scrub or something aswell.

      xx

      Delete
  3. This is something I would love to invest in, if only I had the money! I have a bit of a thing about mascara, I must own 15 of them but they always put spots on my eyes, I don't know why and I have yet to find one that doesn't irritate me! If you have any suggestions let me know!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of Max Factor Masterpiece Max but every now and again I stray and try something different. I could be tempted by this except for the mention of flaking . . . Hmmm. But then doll like lashes?! They sound so appealing!! Maybe I will give it a try ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really the only flaking occurred when I rubbed my eyes after getting upset so it may have been a mixture of tears and rubbing lol x

      Delete
  5. This looks pretty good, Mrs B has quite a bit S&G makeup and tonnes of their other ranges, might have to pick some up for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Simon, that's so lovely of you. Mrs B is very lucky :)

      Delete
  6. Wow your lashes look so long! Great product and review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I haven't got any S&G make up, this looks great. Bit on the pricey side but I don't mind so much with mascara as it's the best bit of my make up bag - most essential for me anyway! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I havent tried the mascara, but i love my mother plucker lip gloss!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The brush looks good but since I had some really bad allergic reactions to the eye cream I better not try my luck with this one!

    ReplyDelete