Friday 30 August 2013

August Empties , Products I've Used Up!



This month I decided to follow the 'trend' of collecting up the empty product packaging of beauty, skincare and hair care items I had used up through out the month of August. I enjoyed doing this, it's definitely motivation to use up things that may have been overlooked or sitting around for a bit too long! I collected mine up in the little basket above, belonging to my daughter- to keep everything together. Read on to see what I used and a short opinion on each.



Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel 100g, £3.50.
I used to love this, and don't get me wrong I still really like it I just felt this time it was a little overpowering for me. Who knows why! At £3.50 it's more than I would normally spend on a shower gel of this size but is a nice treat. I believe Snow Fairy is available again at the end of October, I won't be repurchasing this year as I do still have another stored away, but in the future I would.

Herbal Essences Ignite my Colour Intensive Mask 200ml, £2.50.
This claims to 'revive your colour vibrancy' , I have blonde highlights and while I can't say I noticed it on my colour it worked really well as a weekly mask to leave my hair feeling really soft and of course smelling gorgeous!

Vineyard Peach Shower Gel, The Body Shop. 250ml, £4.00.
Smells so so nice! I feel like I've neglected the Body Shop recently but after using this I will definitely be going in soon to try some other items, especially with the great offers I keep hearing about.


 Mostly sample sizes here so I won't go into prices.

Figs & Rouge 100% Natural Organic Balm, Peppermint & Tea Tree. On the packaging it says it is a lip, face and body balm. I chose to use it as a lip balm and was really enjoying using it, even with the packaging which can be hard to open. Forgot about it at the bottom of my bag and when I found it had gone a bit weird. I wouldn't buy it again, I received this one in a Glossybox.

I wasn't a fan of the Palmers Facial Scrub, the scrub part was good- the smell not so much for me. The Dove conditioner was ok, but I wouldn't rush to buy it. Aquafresh- again it was fine!



If you read my review on the L'Oreal Micellar Solution here you will know I really like this product. Priced at £4.99. I already have another one of these on the go.

Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash, from the Body Shop. I had this for ages, it lasted a long time and I can't currently find it on the website but I really liked this and think it was priced about £6.50.

17 Instant Body Bronzer. This was a sample size the full size is £4.99 from Boots. I wasn't a big fan of this, but then again I don't tan alot so I don't really know much on the subject.

Normandie Amazing Day Cream, I think I picked this up pretty cheap in Tesco. The packaging appealed to me but unfortunately it didn't really do anything for my skin and the smell is really manly and overpowering for me to use on my face.


Taylor Swift Wonderstruck 30ml, £19.50. The packaging is so damn cute, I'm tempted not to put it in the bin lol. Smelled gorgeous and would definitely purchase again.

Helen Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Black Mascara. I received this as a gift so I'm unsure how much this costs nor do I know much on the brand. The packaging is fab but the product didn't do much for me, I found it clumpy and it often smudged under my eyes.

Physician's Formula Fake Out Organic Wear Mascara, I bought this as part of my iherb haul and I enjoyed using it but found it dried up in the tube a bit too quick.

There we go, my August empties. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I used up and that I didn't ramble on too much. If you have done an empties post I'd love to see it!

Linzi
xo


3 comments :