Sunday 11 August 2013

MAC Lipstick Collection



No make-up collection is ever complete without a MAC lipstick… or six!

Today I share with you mine…

Ravishing


Described as a ‘mid-tone neutral peach’ the shade is a mix of coral and orange. This lipstick is a cremesheen finish, which means the formula is quite think and creamy and can build up to be a heavy full coverage lipstick. It’s a lovely summer shade that leaves the lips looking nice and glossy. Swatches shown below.

Lustering


A sheer and glossy hot pink shade. This lipstick is really buildable so you can go from a subtle day shade to an intense evening shade with just a couple of layers, its warm and bright and has red undertones. It is also a lustre finish, which I love as it is quite sheer and glossy and keeps the lips feeling smooth and hydrated.

Crosswires


I adore this shade! It is a beautiful coral pink colour, I feel like it is the perfect bright colour to suit my pale complexion. Another cremesheen finish, it can be built up to quite an intense colour and it has excellent staying power! A firm favourite in my lipstick collection!

Lovelorn


My number 1 favourite, the shade is quite similar to crosswires, but a little bit more sheer – this is a lustre finish which would explain the colour being less intense. It is described as an ‘emotive blue-pink’ as it as cool undertones and it is a very wearable shade that would suit most skintones. This is my most worn Mac lipstick as I find it so easy to apply for a sheer pop of colour, and it is also really buildable.

Swatches of lipsticks mentioned so far (excuse the bruise on my arm)

Saint Germain


Described as a ‘clean pastel pink’ this shade just screams ‘BARBIE!’ This is an amplified finish (the only one I own) and is a full coverage lipstick with a matte finish. I personally prefer the lustre and cremesheen finishes and I feel like I am a little bit too pale to pull off a pastel pink but this is a beautiful shade.

Viva Glam Gaga



A very similar shade to Saint Germain, but this time a lustre finish. I find this lipstick a lot more wearable as it has a buildable light glossy finish. It was however limited edition and is no longer available to buy in stores (sorry!)


You can purchase MAC lipsticks from any MAC counter, or online for £15 each.

And there you have my MAC lipstick collection! What do you think of my collection? What is you’re favourite MAC lipstick shade? I’d love your recommendations on what shade I should add to my collection next….

Linda x

6 comments :

  1. I only have one! I need to expand my collection and defo need to get saint-germain! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear Saint Germain that often, but it is the girliest pink I own. Literally makes me feel like barbie! :) x

      Delete
  2. Great Mac collection I want to try Saint Germain I love the shade Snob.
    Love your blog :) found you on FB let me know if you stop by mine!

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no lipsticks from mac yet. But one day i shall :D thankx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete