Thursday 15 August 2013

Becky's Lipstick Collection - The Reds

Helloooo beauties, and welcome to part two of my lipstick collection. This time I welcome you to my favourite type of lipstick, the reds. (I've also sneaked in a couple of orangey coral tones in here too because I love them too!)

I love a red lipstick because I have a ridiculously pronounced cupids bow and it really makes it stand out and look fab! I think a red lip looks great on everyone, be that on a night out or for a more vintage glam look, it's all about finding the right tone for your skin. 



Now say a little 'hello' to these beauties!

1. 17 Mirror Shine in Cheeky Secret - I spoke about a couple of the other colours in this collection here. I love the light coverage of this lipstick and the cute peach colour is to die for! It's moisturising, and with it's little hidden pocket mirror a bargain at £4.79 from Boots.

2. MAC's Vegas Volt. My first and therefore most loved MAC lipstick. A matte finish and bold red to coral colour, this is my favourite party lipstick! It is super pigmented, lasts all night long and doesn't dry out my lips. I love this little bad boy! MAC lipsticks cost £15 and can be bought online or at your nearest counter.

3. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 28 Cherry Blossom - a pink toned red, it's very girly and certainly feels more expensive than it's £7.49 price tag when you glide it on! As I find with a lot of reds, the colour can rub off fairly quickly with this lipstick, although I find a quick coat of Lipcote quickly solves this problem! Currently Revlon products are 2 for £10 in Boots so if you like the look of this lipstick snap it up on offer quickly!

4. 17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in Red Devil - a more blue undertone than Cherry Blossom, this girly red is vintage glam at it's finest! It has a subtle sheen when on, and the staying power is really good! I also like the silver bullet packaging, it's a bit different so it's easy to spot in the mess that is my make up drawers! This comes in at £4.99 and can be picked up at Boots.

5. Estee Lauder's Pure Colour in 71 Wild Ginger (Shimmer) - I was given this for free when I bought my Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation a couple of months ago. I actually love this colour, it's a warm build-able red with a cinnamon colour shimmer running through it, but much more wearable in the day and less scary if you're a red lippie virgin! Now I know Estee Lauder do this colour in the creme finish on it's full line costing £20 - link, but I'm not sure if this shimmer version has made the cut. I will be definitely be purchasing in the creme when this runs out because the colour is so warming, full and yet still very natural. 

6. Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish in 01 - a sultry dark red, this is my favourite lipstick when I'm in the mood to rock vamp glam. It looks awesome with a black outfit and sleek shiny hair. It's a semi matte finish and will last a couple of hours before reapplication is needed, which I feel is cheap at the price of £5.49. With a slick of Lipcote it really can last all night long. You can find a link here.


I'd love to know what your favourite red lippies are! Have I missed your go to retro glam red, or super slick scarlet? Please let me know in the comments and keep an eye out for my final instalment....the PINKS!!!

Also don't forget to show us a lotta' love and follow us on Bloglovin' as we don't want you to miss a thing.
Ciao for now,
Becky Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment