Wednesday 14 August 2013

The InStyle Edit – Summer Nights – Birchbox August 2013

This month Birchbox teamed up with the InStyle beauty team to bring us this Summer Nights beauty box.




The products inside the box come in this cute little drawstring bag. I don’t think I’ll actually find another use for it, but it looks cute and it’s a nice extra touch.


And inside the box:



Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Body wash – I do have a bit of a romance going on with Molton Brown however, due to the price I don’t often allow myself near their counters. This body wash smells INCREDIBLE – It is a 30ml sample which is quite small but I think I’ll save it for a weekend away. A full size bottle would cost £18

Montibel.lo Gold Oil Essence – I love hair oils so was excited to see this in the box. It claims to ‘nourish, strengthen and protect while adding shine’. This is a 30ml sample and a full size would cost £22.50

Gerda Spillman Hydro Pearls – This is a make-up primer which again I was excited to see in the box. I haven’t actually heard of this brand before but I have high hopes. This is a 10ml sample and a full size would cost £30

Bluemandarines SkinLife Energetic Cellular Cream – A face moisturiser which claims will ‘brighten, refresh and protect the skin’. This is a 10ml sample and a full size would cost £35

LAQA & Co Lip Pencil – A bright red lip crayon. I was pleased to see there was a make-up item included in the box, and this colour is called ‘Ring of Fire’. I’ve tried it and it is nice and moisturising on the lips. A full sized product would cost £14.

Inside the ‘Rock your nights’ box was what Birchbox have listed as a ‘Beauty Extra’. It is a gel-filled mask designed to cool the eye area and decrease puffiness. I haven’t used a mask like this in a few years so will be interested to see how I get on with it. This is a Birchbox branded product that costs £10


Also included in the box was a ‘Lifestyle extra’  - a bag of Propercorn popcorn. This bag retails at 90p. A bit random but I'm not complaining.

Overall I was actually quite pleased with my box although I would have preferred to see more make-up items included. Do you subscribe to BirchBox? What do you think of this months box? Let me know in the comments below…

Linda x

4 comments :

  1. This box looks quite good. I'm not subscribed to any monthly boxes but I love seeing what others get in their boxes.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celina! It is a good box, I was pleased with it :) x

      Delete
  2. I was going to sub to this this month but I already have the full size of the pencil so I wouldn't want to risk it unless I knew I'd get the pink, such a shame as it's a great selection of products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good little box :) Thanks for reading x

      Delete