Friday 23 August 2013

Hydraluron- does it do what it says on the box?




According to the box, Hydraluron is a hydration serum inspired by injectable hydration treatments employed in Swiss clinics. It uses the world's purest grade of hyaluronic acid from the Netherlands as it's hydration active, which can hold up to 1,000 times it's weight in water. Hydraluron also contains a bio-engineered strain of marine red algae, which causes controlled and mild stimulation of skin turnover to allow thorough penetration of the hyaluronic acid. Basically, it seems to be a product that allows us to retain high levels of moisture in the skin, with clinically proven results. Not only is skin hydration improved drastically in 8 weeks, skin elasticity is increased by 27% and skin roughness is reduced by 10%. It's available in Boots stores for £24.99.





A small amount of the serum can go a long way! The amount in the picture is enough for my whole face, and so don't be put off by the small tube. It's used as the last step before moisturiser, and it smooths onto the skin beautifully. I've been using it morning and night as part of my usual routine. 

I started using hydraluron with high hopes. After seeing it hyped up by all of the beauty bloggers out there, I started to believe that there was finally an answer for the dry skin problems that have plagued me through life! I promised myself I'd wait to review this product until I had been applying it for the eight weeks used by the testers so I could give a full review.

Through the first few weeks, I could honestly say it was a wonder product. I used to have to moisurise my nose several times a day and that necessity seemed to vanish within the first few days. Had I found a wonder product?? After I passed the six week mark, my skin was starting to dry again. Now I don't know if this was because my skin was exceptionally dry after being subject to the constant changes in the weather or not but I really did expect there to be a more constant improvement. 

I would buy the product again as I think that, with a lot of products like this, I'm just used to the effects now and my skin was really dry before so without using a serum it will just return to how it was! I'd love to try more serums out there but the reality is that they're just too expensive right now. At £24.99 this is most than half the price of loads out there. What serum's do you swear by?

On another note, I seriously do think that a healthy diet and eight glasses of water a day could be a "wonder product" by itself. I've decided to drink at least two litres of water a day and see where that takes me before I start spending a lot of money for a product that is not guaranteed to work! I'll continue to use the serum until it runs out (STILL going after eight solid weeks!) and let you know the results. Have any of you tried Hydraluron? Did it work for you?

Kate A x

2 comments :

  1. I kind of feel tempted to try this as its been so hyped up! But the price is always a big point for me in a product!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll work wonders on normal to dry skin and I think it'd be worth the price but I think I'll try a new one before I use it again! A price is a massive thing in terms of rebuying but if I have the money I love to indulge to try new things x

    ReplyDelete