Friday 19 July 2013

LUSH Ultrabland cleanser review

If you read my last post you will know I recently bought a few things in Lush. I have already posted about the Love Lettuce fresh facemask (read post here) but today I will be sharing with you another product I bought that day.

LUSH’s Ultrabland cleanser is something I have wanted to try for a while, but just haven’t got around to it. After a quick demonstration on my hand by a lovely sales assistant I happily picked up the large 100g tub to take home with me. Ultrabland is a soft and oily cleansing cream made from almond oil, rose water, beeswax and honey and it is suitable for all types. It claims to soften and thoroughly clean the skin and after using this for almost 2 weeks I can safely say it delivers on those claims!


I have to be honest though, when I first used this product on my face I wasn't that impressed, it doesn't have the greatest smell (it’s not an overpowering smell, it just isn't that pleasant) and the texture of it on my skin was unlike anything I had experienced before. But after using it a few more times I became a lot more comfortable with its texture and I have well and truly fallen in love.

I apply it over dry skin and massage into the face to lift off any make-up I'm wearing, it is also gentle enough to massage over the eyes and it does manage to remove my mascara which is quite impressive. I then add some water to my hands and continue to massage into the face; there is literally no chance of you removing any of the product with just your hands and water as it is so oily and seems to cling to your skin. After a couple of minutes I take a damp muslin cloth and remove the cleanser from my skin.


Some of the oil from the cleanser does seem to get absorbed into the skin, but this is not a bad thing and doesn't clog up my skin in any way. Instead it leaves my skin feeling soft and well nourished which is everything I could want from a cleanser.


As with most Lush products, there is a 4 week shelf life due to the fresh ingredients and a little really does go a long way with this cleanser. I would definitely purchase this cleanser again although next time I will probably go for the smaller 45g pot as I’m already 2 weeks in and I've barely made a dent in the top so I doubt I’m gonna reach the bottom before it expires.

You can purchase Ultrabland from any LUSH store for £6.75 for 45g or £10.75 for 100g or you can purchase online.

Have you tried LUSH’s Ultrabland cleanser before? Do you have any other LUSH products to recommend? Let me know in the comments below…

Linda x

No comments :

Post a Comment