Monday 29 July 2013

Baby Lips - Swatches & Review

The wait is over, Maybelline Baby Lips have finally hit UK stores! But was it worth the wait? Read on to see what I thought of them...


There are 6 Baby Lips lip balms available in total, 3 are coloured and 3 colourless and each claim to keep your lips hydrated for a full 8 hours.

Let’s start with the 3 non-coloured balms:


The Blue Baby Lips is called ‘Hydrate’ and it smells amazing! (It smells similar to the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask)and it feels lovely and smooth on the lips. It adds a nice subtle shine and lasted well on the lips, it didn’t however pass the food test as it had all worn off after a meal.

The Yellow Baby Lips is called ‘Intense Care’ and smells of cherry almond which I adore. The formula is pretty much the same as ‘hydrate’ but perhaps a little more nourishing.

The Green Baby Lips is called ‘Mint Fresh’ and as the name suggests it had a minty scent. It also felt a little tingly on my lips so this was probably my least favourite of the three.


Each of these have an SPF of 20 which I was really pleased to see however, I do feel there are better lip balms available for the same price. 

Moving onto the 3 coloured Baby Lips (which I expect will be the most popular):



The Orange Baby Lips is called ‘Cherry Me’ and is the most pigmented of the colours available. It smells of delicious cherries and it a vibrant red colour, this is my favourite of all the Baby Lips, however, the colour does not transfer that well to the lips and it gives a very sheer colour (swatches shown below). I don’t mind this as it is great for everyday wear as the colour is very pretty and subtle (if I wanted more colour I would wear a lipstick).

The Pink Baby Lips is called ‘Pink Punch’ and it smells lovely and fruity. Again the colour pay off isn’t that strong but it works well for every day wear and it is a very pretty girly pink shade.

And finally the Purple Baby Lips is called ‘Peach Kiss’ and yes, you guessed it – it smells of peach. This had very little colour transfer, even when swatched on my super pale arm and I noticed no colour on my lips so this was my least favourite of the three.




Although I find the packaging super cute and fun, I do feel like these are aimed at a younger audience and would be perfect for girls in the early teens as they are really girly, super affordable and also very sheer on the lips. I’ll be keeping ‘Cherry Me’ in my handbag for a pop of subtle colour and moisture on the go, and 'Pink Punch' will stay in my make-up bag but I’m not sure how much use the others will get.

If you're looking to purchase Baby Lips I'd definitely recommend going for those two (cherry me & pink punch) as they smell absolutely gorgeous and give a nice little pop of colour, but I probably wouldn't recommend any of the others simply because I believe there are better products out there for the same price.

You can purchase Baby Lips in boots for £2.99 each, and they are currently on a 3 for 2 offer.

Have you tried any of the Baby Lips? What did you think of them? I’d love to know…

Linda x


No comments :

Post a Comment