Tuesday 23 July 2013

10 Random Facts - Lauren

I'm Lauren and I'm a new addition to the squad! I used to blog over at BudgetBeautyQueen.com but had to give it up when I changed my job due to a complete lack of time! I was also part of the More! Hot 100 that the hot squad was born from and I'm so excited to be blogging again! A 10 Random Facts post seemed like a good place to start so here's a little bit more about me!




1. As well as being a freelance make up artist and nail technician, my “proper” job is being a Forensic Mental Health Nurse. It can be incredibly challenging but ultimately very rewarding.


2. I studied for my Nursing degree at the University of Southampton and graduated in 2011.


3. When I was 18 I spent a year living in Australia. It was an amazing experience and has really given me a taste for travel!


4.While I was in Oz I did a 14,000ft skydive over the Great Barrier Reef. WOW!! I was terrified but as soon as I'd jumped it was so incredible, I'd do another one in a heartbeat!


5. I love to read and wish I had more time for it. One day I'd also like to write my own novel and it's something that's been in the planning stages for the last few years.


6. I'm really short at 5ft2” and choose to compensate for it by wearing ridiculously high heels. I hate being short purely because buying trousers is a nightmare and I can never see anything when I'm in a crowd.


7. I've always dyed my hair since I was 8. It's been every colour you can think of but I settled on platinum blonde about 6 years ago. The downside to this is that a couple of years ago my hair started to snap :( I therefore have hair extensions now.


8. Ever since I was a teenager I've been into piercings and tattoos. I retired a lot of piercings as I got older so am now left with just my lip, my nose and plenty of ear work. I also have 4 tattoos and am looking to add another one later in the year.


9. I have a slight obsession with Nandos. Lots of my friends and family don't understand this and are always telling me “it's just chicken!”. However, I think I'd have a chicken pitta, spicy rice and a side of halloumi for my dinner everyday if I could!


10. I'm a big fan of Formula 1 racing which people are generally surprised about. I'm a very girly girl and motor racing is still seen as quite a “guy” sport. I love it though!


So there you have it, a few random facts about me!

Don't forget to follow us on bloglovin' to keep up to date on all the latest posts!

Lauren xx



2 comments :

  1. Lovely exciting life. Love that you've been dying your hair for ages, just like me! :) Welcome to our little family xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun :) Looking forward to writing some posts! xx

    ReplyDelete