Sunday 2 June 2013

Boots No7 Skincare Haul

A few weeks ago I decided to take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer on at boots and treat myself to some No7 skincare. I’ll admit that I used to always think of No7 as a brand for the more mature lady but just after Christmas last year when all the gift sets went on sale, I snapped up a No7 set which included a hot cloth cleanser, a day cream, night cream and an eye make-up remover. This is where I fell in love.
On my spree in boots this time I bought 6 items on the 3 for 2 offer. 3 of those items were repurchases of items in the gift set which I had loved, and 3 were completely new to me. I will begin with the repurchases as these were the items I knew I really liked and was very happy to buy the full size of.



No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser - £9.95
This comes in a 200ml bottle which is going to last me a very long time, even when using it daily and it works like any other Hot Cloth Cleanser. You simply massage it over dry skin and then take a muslin cloth (which comes in the box) run it under hot water and use it to remove the cleanser. It removes all my make-up without any hassle and I think it’s an absolute bargain, especially as it is so similar to the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I would actually go as far as to say the No7 cleanser is better as it has no scent and I find the Liz Earle one smells strongly of vicks vapour rub (not to mention its much pricier). I would definitely recommend anyone to try out this product if you’re on the hunt for a new cleanser.


No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal / Dry Skin - £12.50 & No7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream for Normal / Dry Skin - £13.50
These creams are lovely and leave my skin feeling soft and smooth. I also find they have very little/no fragrance which is great. The day cream is very light providing just the right amount of moisture allowing me to apply make-up straight on top without it looking greasy and after using the night cream my skin still feels well-nourished in the morning and for me those are all the signs of a good moisturiser. They’re very gentle on my skin and I’ve never had any issue with breakouts since I’ve been using these and that’s why I re-purchased the full sizes.
Having had such great experiences with those products I wanted to try some other pieces from the No7 range, so after a long time browsing the isles of boots I finally decided on the following…

No7 Instant Radiance Beauty Balm - £17
I’ll admit, it was the name of this product that sold it to me. I mean, who wouldn’t want instant radiance? This claims to give skin an instant ‘pick me up’ and I find it does give my skin a nice glow. You apply this balm after a moisturiser but before make-up and I found this really similar to Clarins Beauty Flash Balm which has acquired cult status for good reason. The main difference is the fact that the Clarins Balm has a slight orange colouring whereas this is just white, so rather than adding colour to the skin it just adds a nice glow. I really like this product and use it on days where my skin is looking a little dull, which is more often than I’d like to admit.


No7 Beautiful Skin Overnight Radiance Boost - £16
Again the claims to boost radiance instantly had me sold. You use this product after cleansing but before moisturising and it claims you will ‘wake up to brighter, more radiant skin’ which are big claims but I was not disappointed. It leaves the skin feeling lovely and smooth and the effects are noticeable in the morning. This is packed full with vitamins and minerals which work overnight to make your skin look amazing in the morning and I love this stuff.


No7 Protect  & Perfect Eye Cream - £15
Now I’m a little bit ashamed to admit that eye care is something I’ve always been really lazy with, but as I’ve gotten older, I’m starting to notice those first signs of aging around my eyes and have been scared into taking better care of them. This eye cream is especially designed to delay those first signs of aging and improve fine lines. It’s obviously hard to tell whether it is in fact delaying those dreaded wrinkles but it feels lovely on the skin and makes my eyes feel well-nourished so I will continue to use this and fingers crossed my youthful looks stay with me a while longer.


I’m really pleased with my No7 Haul and taking into account the 3 for 2 offer, all 6 items cost me just £59 which I think is an absolutely bargain for such great skincare! 

Have you tried any of these items or have any other No7 beauties to recommend? 
I would love to know....

Linda x

No comments :

Post a Comment