Monday 24 June 2013

SEVENTEEN Instant Glow Shimmer Brick Review

I have to say this is one of the most amazingly pigmented products, and initially I used it as an eyeshadow brick because I loved the tones and shimmer it gave! When I sat down and actually decided to read the writing on it one evening when I was bored I found out it was actually a bronzer brick. I love this product as an eyeshadow palette, so was so intrigued to see if this could be one of those really useful multi-use palettes to take on holiday with me this summer (I'm always tight for space). Plus I was thinking it could be perfect for festivals too - there is no such thing as too much shimmer and sparkle at those things!

Here's what I thought of it:

Cute packaging that makes it seem more expensive than it's £4.99 price tag!

The brick

Individual swatches of the 4 colours - so pigmented!
Colours on a bronzing brush

Shimmer and colour from blending together
As a bronzer it actually works really well! Because of the colour change through the brick, it highlights and contours at the same time as adding a golden glow, which I really like. Anything that gives the impression of cheekbones on this cheekbone-less face get's a big thumbs up in my eyes! Now I do have to say as I hope you can see from the above pictures it has a lot of shimmer in, so if you prefer a matte bronzer, this may not be the product for you! It's the kind of product that would look AH-MAZING with a tan at the beach, perfect to run down your legs or over your chest as well to just add a little something to your tan at dinner. I'm going to France and Guernsey this summer (not too crazy and exotic I know!) but I'm hoping to still get enough of a tan to try this out then.

My favourite (albeit not traditional) way to use this brick is still as an eyeshadow palette, the pigments and shimmer from it rival my Dior 3 Couleurs Smoky in Khaki, and with the Instant Glow Shimmer brick coming in at £4.99 from Boots it comes in at a cool £27.01 cheaper!

Have you tried this product? Do you have any unconventional ways to use your favourite products? I'd love to know!

Becky Xx



1 comment :

  1. This looks really good! Might have to go check it out before my holiday ;)xx

    ReplyDelete