Friday 28 June 2013

First Day of Work Make-Up Look

Yesterday I had my first day in a new job and in the morning I found myself struggling to decide what make-up to wear. Obviously I want to make a good impression and I think it’s important for make-up to look light and fresh while still looking quite polished. There’s a very fine line between showing you've made an effort and completely overdoing it. So after making quite a mess on my bed pulling out all my make-up I finally decided on what products I needed to create my desired look…

Am I the only one this messy when doing make-up?

I obviously wanted my make-up to look fresh throughout the day so decided the best thing to use would be my Benefit Stay Flawless 15 hour primer (full review here). I then went on to use my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation (in shade 51 – light vanilla) which gives medium coverage and leaves a lovely natural looking dewy finish. I’d also had a very early start and not had much sleep the night before so was a little worried about dark circles under my eyes. To combat this problem I used Benefit’s Fake Up concealer (in 01 light) which is the creamiest most nourishing concealer I've ever used. If you ever have an issue with concealer creasing around your eyes, you need to try Fake Up!



I then very lightly powdered through the centre of my face using Rimmel’s Stay Matte powder (in 001 transparent) which is my favourite powder and probably the cheapest one I've ever used so that’s pretty amazing!

Base complete I then wanted to add a little colour to my cheeks – enter Benefit’s Fine One One a creamy brightening cheek colour made up of three gorgeous shades: pink champagne, watermelon and coral. I just glide this over my cheeks and then blend the colours together and it gives such a beautiful flush of colour that looks really natural and bright.



I was unsure what to do with my eyes, I thought about simply just wearing mascara because full on eye make-up would definitely be too much but I instead decided to give a light dusting of Mac’s All That Glitters eye shadow all over the lid. This is a really soft shimmery nude colour with a subtle hint of gold which makes it perfect for everyday use. I then applied my MaxFactor Clump Defy mascara (in black) on my top and bottom lashes.



To complete the look I wanted something on my lips to add a subtle hint of colour and give a lovely light glossy finish and I had the perfect item for the job. Benefit’s silky finish lipstick in the shade ‘Skinny Dip’ the perfect ‘my lips but better shade’. 



And here is the finished look...






What do you think of my work make-up? Let me know...

Linda x

No comments :

Post a Comment