Friday 27 September 2013

The Bristle Brush Company - Large Round Brush Review

Over the past 2 years I’ve been taking much better care of my hair. I no longer dye it, I very rarely use heat appliances and I use various products to keep it nice and healthy and it really is working. My hair is longer and healthier than ever before (the other day a little girl told me I have mermaid hair which of course is a major compliment). I also have extremely thick hair so just getting a brush through it is one of life’s more difficult tasks so of course when I was offered to test a brush from The Bristle Brush Company I jumped at the chance.

The Bristle Brush Company was created by stylist Sophie Wiltshire who trained at Harrods in the 80’s. She embarked on the quest to find the perfect brush for her clients which resulted in this capsule range being produced. She uses all natural bristles (100% boar hair) to protect and enhance the condition of the hair while creating maximum shine and bounce. 


The brush arrived in this cute little handmade bag which was created by women in India who are being freed from a life of exploitation by the charity Freeset. The little tag on the bag goes into further detail and I think this is a lovely little touch and I have great respect for the company for supporting such a worthy cause.



I received the Large Round Brush and the first thing I noticed was the incredible quality. It has a wooden barrel designed to absorb the heat which results in less damage to your hair. It has a lightweight cork handle which makes the brush super comfortable to hold and the boar hair (with boar bulb intact) spreads the sebum along each hair shaft for ultimate shine and manageability. The brush not only looks amazing, it is easy to use and creates exceptional results.


The brush is very hard wearing (it’s clearly going to last for a super long time) but it is also flexible and allows you to easily style your hair without breaking the hair structure or damaging the scalp.

These brushes retail between £20-28 depending on the size of brush you go for which may sound a little pricey but I genuinely think this is great value for money considering the incredible quality of the brush, the fact it will not damage your hair and it will last a very long time!



Overall I absolutely adore this brush and I honestly don’t have a bad word to say about it! I’m already eyeing up the Paddle Brush from the collection so that will probably make its way into my collection soon!

You can purchase this brush, or others from the collection on The Bristle Brush Company website.
Have you heard of The Bristle Brush Company before or tried any of their products? Let me know in the comments below...

Linda x 

2 comments :

  1. I love the fact it comes in a bag, will prevent it getting horrid things stuck in it when it is in my gym bag!! I do love my tangle Teezer though so not sure how easily I would be able to adjust x x

    fitnessforcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never actually got along with the tangle teezer, I think my hair is just too thick for it. It would only smooth down he top of my hair and underneath would still be knotty. This brush however, glides easily through my hair :) x

      Delete