Wednesday 14 August 2013

Blitz those Blemishes! SAMPAR Prodigal Pen review.

Spots.
The bane of our lives.
The morning of that big night out, that interview, a date with the most beautiful man you've ever laid eyes on!
That red, protruding spot was the last thing you needed.
I'm sure we've all been there and I'm more positive that we've all looked high and low, spent more pounds than we dare think about, for the solution.

I was recently sent a 'SAMPAR Prodigal Pen' to try out.
Admittedly, I've never heard of the brand, or the product! For those of you who haven't either, this is what is said about the Prodigal Pen online.
Prodigal Pen and its 8 essential oils (cinnamon, lavender, savory, thyme, oregano, rosemary, cloves and sage) eliminate blemishes, leaving no trace behind. This savvy and sumptuous accessory zeros in on targeted zones to clear and alleviate irritations.
Results: The skin is purified from the inside.
Suitable for all skin types.



When I opened the box, I was slightly dissapointed to see the size of it. Just 6ml of product encased in a slim, baby pink vial, and topped with a silver rollerball applicator. Although my initial reaction was that it was teeny for a product priced at £18, it is perfectly sized to be carried in your handbag, clutch or even a pocket, without stealing most of the room!

Fortuntely, this product can be applied over make-up, which makes it amazing to use conviniently, on the go. It is advised to be used between 4-5 times on problem areas daily. At first, I was dubious about this, my first impressions was that it would be slightly harsh on the skin, but I couldn't have been any more wrong. It is incredibly hydrating and moisturising.
I use the pen as soon as I can feel or see a spot forming or feel the tell tale tighening of the skin. I also use on my oily t-zone and I have a certain problem area on my forehead, so I have been applying generously in that area.

I have had great results with the pen. In all honesty, my skin hasn't been this clear in quite a while. I sometimes suffer with quite stubborn spots, which I have had lotions and potions for, from the doctors, with little to no results. Amazingly, the pen even helped me through, fresh faced, a very stressful time recently, in which I did break out, but I noticed that the spots didn't stay around for as long as they would have usually, they weren't as painful, sore, protruding or red.



The product has a very intense smell, though it isn't horrible, its just incredibly strong. It's hard to distinguish exactly what it does smell of, though I can definitely pick out the cinnamon. I've actually grown to find the smell quite pleasant so I'm a little dissapointed that it doesn't linger on the skin for more than a few seconds, quickly absorbed into the skin as the potion works its wonders keeping the spots at bay.

Initially £18 seems a bit steep for the amount of product you recieve, but it really has worked wonders for my skin, I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out! Its incredibly convinient and versatile, can be used on razor burn or insect bites, though I've not had oppurtunity to see if the product would be beneficial for either yet.

Have you tried any of the SAMPAR range? Do you plan on picking up the Prodigal pen to banish those blemishes? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment :