Saturday 19 October 2013

My thoughts on Redken

Recently I was a hair model at a salon my sister is training at and got this goody bag of some new Redken products; the Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine, the Diamond Oil shampoo and conditioner, the Iron Shape Hair Spray and the Smooth Lock shampoo and conditioner.



According to the Redken website: 'Diamond Oil utilizes an exclusive formula of silicone free hair oils that include camelina oil, coriander oil, apricot oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil and other to strengthen hair from the inside-out. Results are unprecedented strength and shine.' Sounds extremely posh. There was certainly shine added to my hair after using this and it felt softer, but I'm not sure if it helped with strength. My hair is pretty damaged and I think it will take more than just this shampoo and conditioner to repair it.



Same goes for the Smooth Lock, I couldn't notice a difference to the product above e.g. whether it made my hair in better condition. Maybe I need to use more than a small sample to see the proper results (so this review isn't really so helpful hah sorry!).

As for the 'Iron Shape 11', a heat protection spray...hmm. I'd say use this VERY sparingly. I got a bit carried away and sprayed loads on...my hair then felt a bit greasy and wouldn't dry properly for ages. It definitely does reduce frizz and add shine, as it claims to. And it does give hold - I sprayed it before straightening my hair and it was poker straight and stayed that way.
Finally to this tiny, tiny bottle of hair oil. I couldn't really notice a difference to be honest because I only used it twice before it ran out. My sister told me that you're supposed to use a REALLY tiny amount and to not even feel it on your hair when you put it on. I'm not so convinced with this to be honest, I think you can get better oils for better prices (this is around £24). Erm, sorry for this not so helpful review but I'd say if you want to try a Redken product then try the Iron Shape hair protection spray :)


No comments :

Post a Comment