Saturday 21 December 2013

Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara

I was very excited to get this beautiful box delivered to me recently! And even more excited that inside it was the very posh Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara, which retails at around £20-£30. So what's this mascara all about? Is it worth the price tag? I find out...


According to the leaflet (pictured above) Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara is made with natural waxes and the revered Moringa Oil, found in Tutankhamen’s tomb. Moringa Oil is a rare and precious oil containing vitamins A, B, C, and E, fatty acids and 1700 antioxidants. It conditions and strengthens lash structure, assisting in growth. There are also loads of other really good qualities about this mascara:

  • Natural based formula won't clump, run or smudge.
  • Paraben Free
  • Not tested on animals
  • Doesn't irritate eyes or sting
  • Suitable for contact lens wearers  (Yay - I wear them at least 4 times a week)






My honest opinion

I have used this mascara several times now and I'm definitely impressed. It really defines my lashes and makes them look longer. It doesn't smudge AT ALL during the day, and you don't get any little bits breaking off like you do with some other mascaras. When you apply the mascara you need to paint on a good few coats to get the full effect, and you need to do this quickly so that it doesn't clump. If you try and paint on another coat after it has dried it may go a bit clumpy (as with most mascaras), so paint as many coats as you like while it's still wet on your lashes and they will be big and beautiful!

This mascara is quite hard to remove at the end of the day, so I would suggest using a good eye makeup remover. (It says that it is easily removable with warm water, but I'm too lazy to do this most days and just use a face wipe.) I think because this mascara won't smudge (or budge!) from your lashes it is inevitably harder to take off, but in my opinion it is worth it to have the peace of mind that you won't have black smudges under your eyes all day. It's great for me at work because I'm so busy and don't have time to check my makeup much. It's also brilliant in this way for a big night out (we all know how hot it can get in some nightclubs and how our makeup can sweat off!)

Regarding the claim that this mascara is meant to condition/strengthen/grow your lashes… I haven't noticed a huge difference yet but what I have noticed is that one or two of my lashes often used to fall out, but since I've used this mascara I haven't lost a single eyelash (that I know of!)

Anyway, decide for yourself if this mascara is any good with these before and after pics!


Before...

After….

and then with mascara on my bottom lashes too….


Let me know what you think, and you can read more about this mascara here.

Ingrid x

1 comment :

  1. Wow, that looks really good. Will have to look into it.

    Hayley - Teapartybeauty.com

    x

    ReplyDelete