Monday 21 April 2014

Big Bank Holiday Beauty Blow Out!

Well this weekend I decided to treat myself to a few new summer make up bits. I was armed with a £10 Debenhams Vouchers and £20 on my Boots Card along with my wages! I was ready to spend. 

I went the Trafford Centre and knew 2 of the things I had to get were a new Bronzer and a new Blush! And they both had to be completely different to what I've used before and obviously because I was looking to treat myself, price wasn't a problem! 

First port of call was Debenhams.  I was originally going to get a Lancome bronzer but £33 seemed a bit too much for the tiny bronzer I liked. So I shimmy'd on over the Clinique to have a little look and saw Fresh Bloom allover colour in 12 Almond Blossom Blend (£26) and fell in love. It's a beautiful colour, not too dark and the packaging couldn't be nicer. 


Next I went to Boots, now here's where I went a little wild! Searched for half an hour for a good blush, I wanted one with lots of colour, needed to be really pinky with a promise of stayability* (*I'm looking in to getting that into the dictionary!) When this one on the Smashbox counter caught my eye, Halo Long Wear Blush in In Bloom (£23) the girl said it's really good and because it's quite pigmented and because it's mineral based, it's really light to wear. I have got to say though, I deffo need to do a FotD with this bad boy to show you the lovelyness of it.


Also at the Smashbox counter, I was looking for a new mascara. I told the girl that my lashes are quite long and thick as it is but I'd love something that would give them that perfect amount of fan and curl and she recommended Smashbox's Photo Op Eye Brightening Mascara (£18). It's really lovely and the formula looks fab. I really hope this doesn't let me down! 


So driving home I read a blog which had 3 fave foundations on and one of them was Hello Flawless which I also love but hate using it too much and Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation was on the list, Kimberley who's blog it is made it sound like a really good cheaper option if you're looking to save your more expensive foundation. I'd tried the powder version of this before and it is really nice to use. So we pulled in to my local Boots to make the purchase. It's also only £6.99 and I got it on offer 3 for 2!



Can't just not get 1 product when it's 3 for 2. I was looking for some new brow products so I was recommended Maybelline Brow Drama (£4.99) sculpting brow mascara and I loved the look of L'Oreal's Brow Artist Superliner (£5.49) as my 3rd product. I think they will both help me to achieve the strong brow look I am planning on working this Summer. 

 

Can't wait to do a little look using everything here. I will be back with a follow up post with hopefully a FotD and a little review of my faves. (I already know the blush is definitely going to be a little fave!) 

OH WAIT... I FORGOT! The boyf got me a little beauty treat as an Easter gift. He bought me this little Benefit set from Boots and it's sooo cute. It's 3 mini's from Benefit: Porefessional, Posie Tint (Which I love anyway) and BadGal Lash. (£9.95) it's a great little gift set and the price is amazing if you're looking for a little treat for yourself. 



Thanks for reading and for more of the latest news and reviews from the Beauty Hot Squad please follow us on Blog Lovin' 

4 comments :

  1. I do love a good make up shopping spree. I recently went on a quick spend up in Boots too and bought a miss sporty foundation & powder for a lighter summer coverage. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely haul , theres a few things i would love to try here to x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a shopping trip, you picked up lots of lovely products.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you ever beat a good 'ld shopping trip - you know I've never tried Smashbox I really should love the look of it :) x

    ReplyDelete