Monday, 22 April 2013

How Much Is Your Face Worth?



Have you ever stopped to wonder how much your face of make-up has cost you? What I mean by this is if you had to go and re-purchase all of the make-up items you use on a daily basis, how much would it all cost you? You then know how much your face is worth. This tag has been floating about the blogosphere for a while now, and I thought it would be fun to see how much my face is worth.

Now obviously, I don’t use a whole tube of mascara or foundation for every application so if we calculated cost per wear it would be much lower (and more difficult!) but in the spirit of the tag, I shall follow the rules and add up the total cost of all my daily beauty essentials.

I’m going to calculate two totals, one for strictly make-up items and the other including brushes and skincare. I also want to note, this is just the products I use to create a basic every day look, I would use different items for my evening make-up look.

So first is make-up:
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (ivory) – £8.99
  • YSL Touche Eclat - £25
  • Rimmel Stay Matte long lasting pressed powder (001 transparent) - £3.99
  • NARS Deep Throat blush – £21.50
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Pallette - £36
  • Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara – Smoky Eyes (black) - £7.99
  • Benefit silky finish lipstick in shade skinny dip - £14



TOTAL COST OF MAKE-UP: £117.47

Now onto skincare items:
  • Before applying my make- up I moisturise using Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentre - £17.50
  • I then follow with The Body Shop ‘skin primer matte it’ – £12
  • Once I have completed my make-up I set it using Urban Decay’s ‘All Nighter Setting Spray’ - £19.50


Tools:

All of the make-up brushes I use daily are Real Techniques brushes, for this everyday looks the brushes used are:
  • Expert Face brush (used to apply liquid foundation) - £9.99
  • Buffing Brush (used to apply powder) - part of the core collection - £21.99
  • Contour Brush (used to apply blusher) – also part of the core collection.
  • Base Shadow Brush (used for eye-shadow) - part of the starter set - £21.99
  • Deluxe crease brush (used for eye-shadow) - also part of the starter set



TOTAL COST OF SKINCARE AND TOOLS: £102.97





TOTAL COST OF ALL ITEMS: 220.44 

So my face costs me over £200, and to think that’s only a very small portion of all the make-up I own. It doesn't make me want to use cheaper products but it does make me value what I have a little more.



How much is your face worth? I’d love to know…

Linda x

No comments :

Post a Comment